How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I purchased some furniture In April last year,after six months

This answer was rated:

I purchased some furniture In April last year,after six months the cushions on chair started to collapse.I reported it to the showroom and they sent out an upholsterer to rectify the problem in Oct.Late Jan/Feb this year the same thing happened again.The same thing is now happening to the sofa.The suite seems to be inflatable furniture that has a leak,have I any rights?
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Did the upholsterer identify any fault with the furniture? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only to say the filling in the cushion had move
Hi, Thank you. You may have rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, there is an implied condition in the sale of all goods that they are fit for purpose and free of any minor defects - see section 14. Breach of this section is treated as a breach of contract and technically a breach of contract can be sued for within 6 years. The remedy for this may be a reduction in the purchase price or a full refund. You would have to prove that this is an actual defect with the goods concerned. Have you asked for a refund? Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you