How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10946
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My son purchased a property in which I reside and had presented

This answer was rated:

My son purchased a property in which I reside and had presented me with a document
Declaration of Trust
Which states theat he hold the property upon Trust for myself (the Beneficiary) absolutely
1. Dear Tina, this is a perfectly acceptable method of creating a trust. In this situation, your son will be the legal owner and his name will appear upon the title deeds. However, you will be the beneficial owner and the property will be in reality owned by you and held for your benefit. However, you should also consider what will happen if you die. In this arrangement, as things stand, you will be able to will the benefit of the property to whoever you wish. However, you should make sure your son understands this fact. You should also have some notification placed on the title deeds that your son only holds the property in trust. This protects you should you fall out and your son seeks to sell the property. A purchaser will be aware that you are the beneficial owner. But this should be stated on the title deeds.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you