Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

We have a driveway at the back of our house, where the fence

We have a driveway at the back of our house, where the fence at the side is the back of my neighbours house. They have put a gate in the fence so that they can access their garden, however they are using our drive as access. how do we stand?
The issue is not simply who owns the driveway but whether there is a right of way over it that would allow them to use it as access . The title deeds to your property which a local solicitor can get a copy of cheaply and quickly will tell you what kind of access is given over the driveway.Best regardsMichael