How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

2. Is it an offence Lease Owner or Maintenance Co to

This answer was rated:

2. Is it an offence for the Lease Owner or Maintenance Co to apply significantly lower Service Charges to the properties owned by the Lease Owner, whilst informing the other property owners that ‘all Service Charges are calculated purely on the square footage of each property’? I found a copy of service charges applied to each band of properties that had been posted out in 2011 by the Maintenance Co and cross-checked this against the metre squared property size of all 30 dwellings using data from the Energy Performance Certification Database. You can see from the percentage variance to the average cost per square metre of property below that some are paying up to 78% below the average. Four of these properties are owned by the Lease Owner who is imposing the increases. I can prove this as I have downloaded the Leasehold tenures from the Land Registry
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Is it an offence - no. It is not criminal.What you have is breach of contract. Therefore you can sue for loss and damage. Your loss is the EXTRA you have had to pay. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?