How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been married to my wife over 6 year now, the

Customer Question

I have been married to my wife for just over 6 year now, the marriage took place in Nigeria and just 3 months ago, she was given a settlement visa to join me here in the UK. Due to issues she has started causing i.e. staying out all night without informing me or letting me know where she is, etc, I wish to know the followings:
1, Can i refuse her entry into my rented flat when she comes back late at night or the next day
2, I wish us to go our separate ways, will she have to leave the country if our relationship ends, she is currently bearing my surname and i don't her to do damage to my name in this country, nor do i wish for her to stay in the country if she is having other relationships after just a few months of her getting here.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.1. I am afraid that you are not entitled to refuse her entry to the Matrimonial Home until there is a divorce or you have a Court Order excluding her as a result of violence.2. If she is here on a Spouse Visa and the marriage ends in divorce then the Border Agency will have to consider whether or not to deport her. I am afraid that she can continue to use your name for the rest of her life if she wishes to.Please ask if you need further detailsClare