How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My name is***** husband started divorce proceedings

This answer was rated:

Hello. My name is***** husband started divorce proceedings back in December 2015. He can apply for the decree absolute from the 8th of April. My lawyer have got him to sign an undertaking saying he will not apply for the absolute without giving us 14days notice. I just want to clarify what can happen if he goes ahead to file for the absolute, without giving the notice. Does he get granted this? And what are the implications to him in not giving us the notice aspa the signed undertaking?
Hi, thank yoi for your question. If your husband signed the undertaking then your solicitor should send that to the court and also explaim why yoi wish to delay an application for decree absolute. This will be flagged up if the court receives an application from him and prevent it going through.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you