How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Madame I have been living in UK than 8

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir Madame
I have been living in UK for more than 8 years.
Me and my wife, have the british nationality and we have 2 kids.
We are both lebanese origins and we have the lebanese nationality, we got our marriage in Lebanon in 1999.
recently we proceded a legal divorce in Lebanon (via court), and we agreed on all financial issues.
my question is, is there any way to register the divorce in UK?
If not, If any one of us want to be married again, he/she needs a decree absolute and a decree nisi If I am not mistaken.
What to do in this case?
Hi, thank you for your queation. If the divorce was finalised in Lebanon then you will not need to do anything in England as Lebanon would have had jurisdiction to deal with and England cannot accept jurisdiction after proceedings have commenced.If you wished to remarry the decree absolute (or equivalent) obtained in Lebanon will be recognised in England.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you