How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a small flat which I have rented to a friend of mine

This answer was rated:

I have a small flat which I have rented to a friend of mine or so I thought, now I wish to redecorate and fit a new kitchen ect ect, my tenant who I gave a 1 year lease to has refused me and my builders entry, since I'm retired I don't need this agrovation, please suggest a course of action, I should also point out he is always a month behind with the rent.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. For now please let me know when he moved in and does the rental agreement allow for redecoration? Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have included any written clause about redecoration and/ or anything else, it was discussed and understood that the flat needs to be done up but after many delays from the tenant he's flatly refusing access, which will cost me to cancel with the builders.
Do you have a number which we can speak on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Calling now. Alex