How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49796
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a solar system which has out , solarlec came and

This answer was rated:

I have a solar system which has burnt out , solarlec came and viewed it three weeks ago and switched everything off. the system was hardly three years old it has a guarrantee of five years , the problem is I cannot get them back to repair it, What can I do ?
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why can they not repair it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The firm who made the inverter maintains it is not the inverter which was at fault but the plug underneath which the solarlec team installed and which consequently burnt out the inverter , Solarlec is trying to get it replaced but I have a five year garrantee with solarlec and Iam left losing money and in the middle of the conflict.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
So who is at fault here - Solarlec? If so are refusing to repair or replace this or are there specific delays and what for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would say Solarlec are at fault and are refusing to repair the system because the firm who makes the inverter are refusing to replace it free of charge and solarlec are at cross-swords with them , but I feel they should replace the inverter for me and sort their problems with firm out at some other time.
It must indeed be frustrating to be caught in the middle like this. If Solarlec’s plug is indeed at fault here, then they should be responsible for replacing that and making good any other damage caused by its malfunctioning, such as replacing the inverter. However, if the inverter malfunctioned itself, for example if it should have dealt with a faulty plug but did not do so in the way it was intended, then the inverter company will have to be responsible for it. So it is really a technical issue as to what went wrong and if the subsequent damage was as a result of what initially malfunctioned. You may have both companies claiming different things and that can delay things for you but there will only be one answer. The issue is getting that answer and you may have to consider getting an independent specialist in to look at it and provide a professional opinion on what the likely cause of all this is, which would allow you to pursue the company responsible. Once you have done this then you can expect either Solarlec or the inverter company to proceed with making the specific repairs. It may come down to Solarlec having to pay for a new inverter if they were fully at fault. If they refuse to undertake the necessary repairs you have the option of getting someone else in to do this and then pursuing Solarlec for the costs in doing so. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the steps you have to take should it become necessary for you to pursue them for compensation, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you. Whenever a dispute arises over compensation owed by one party to another, the party at fault can be pursued through the civil courts. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps: 1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the party at fault to voluntarily settle this matter. 2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the party at fault must be sent a formal letter asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue the compensation due. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action. 3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this. Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.