How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71151
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am on HDC from 7am to 7pm having been released from Kirkham

Customer Question

I am on HDC from 7am to 7pm having been released from Kirkham prison on Tuesday April 5th, I was on HDC from August 2015 until January 2016 mostly on a 9am to 9pm curfew, I never breached.
I have asked my probation officer if I could go back to 9am to 9pm as this would assist me in seeing family, friends and, most importantly be available for a job - I am currently waiting to train as a taxi driver.
This was my first ever offence at the age of 60 yrs with a previously good character.
I am just wondering what I can do I respect the HDC as it allowed me out of a custodial situation I merely would like the hours to be a little more realistic.
I am trying not to cost the UK anymore money than is necessary by returning to work asap.
Best Regards
Damien O'Hagan
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
What was the offence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
VAT Fraud 18 months sentence did 2.5 months custody as did 5 months on HDC before custodial sentence was passed
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
OK. what hours are you on now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As per my first email 7am to 7pm
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
On the face of it, this seems a reasonable enough application. It is the same number of hours and this isn't really an offence that can be committed more predominantly during the hours of darkness.It is possible to vary the hours of the curfew usually if they interfere with employment opportunities. You need to contact the Governor the prison to seek a variation.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo