How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am looking how to pursuit legally against the

This answer was rated:

I am looking for advice how to pursuit legally against the person living in Northampton who is harassing me for the last 4 months in various ways:
1. He created fake profile accounts on Facebook and LinkedIn where he is posting fake allegations against me and my partner.
2. Because of these fake allegations I recently lost my job and my reputation has been damaged.
3. He put false allegations agains my partner to his employees in Ireland which damaged his reputation in the industry.
4. He submitted false allegations against me to my college where I have done my degree in business studies. This now under investigation. This has damaged my reputation among college colleagues.
5. My partner and myself live in Dublin (Ireland) where we have reported this to local Garda station last year. We were advised to send him email to stop any communication with us.
6. Because of this social media harassment (LinkedIn, Facebook, emails) we are constantly under stress.
7. He is creating fake profiles on social media and uses them to harass both of us.
I have all the record of this abuse. I am looking for a legal advice as I would like to suit him for damaging my and my boyfriends reputation as well as harassment/stress.
Please let me know what is the legal fee as we do not have any problem to pay.
Looking forward for your reply.
Kind Regards
Diana Salciute
Hello DianaHave you reported this to the Police please? If so, what have they said?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I contacted police in UK I was advised to contact the local Garda station in Dublin.
When I reported this to local Garda station we were advised to email the person to stop any type of contact with us, which we did. after this harassment hasn't stopped.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I once again contacted Garda yet haven't received any response yet.
Ok. You need to instruct a Solicitor here in the Uk to seek an injunction for you. You can find one here: can ask the Solicitor to seek an injunction to stop harassment against you. The Solicitor would complete forms N1: N16a: Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction. If the Court does and this person breaches it they could be in contempt of Court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prisonCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so from what i understand I simply need to contact any solicitor and ask for a injunction to stop harassing me and my partner. Can I do it with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
undre what section this issue falls? consumer and civil rights or crime perhaps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would you be able to recommend any solicitor
Correct. Sadly I can do this. It comes under the protection from harassment act 1997. You can find a Solicitor here: I clarify anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry for not being clear enough. what i meant was when im searching for solicitor i need to select area my issue fall into
Sorry its civil litigation.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you. there was no civil litigation as such but there are civil right?
Yes consumer and civil right. Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Perfect. Thank you for your time
Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance. Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure no problem.
I just received a response from one of the civil rights solicitors saying it's a crime matter. Would you agree
No. Harassment can be civil or criminal But as you are not in the UK you need a civil injunction.Does that clarify?Alex
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you