How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My boyfriends mum is home caring husband (his dad)

This answer was rated:

My boyfriends mum is home caring for her husband (his dad) and it is making her seriously ill as his needs are too much to cope with. He is 90 year old with dementia. She is down to 7 and a half stone and is unwell due to the stress and exhaustion of having looked after him. Her GP has said she is unfit to look after him. We tried contacting the council multiple times while things have deteriorated and they are doing everything they can to delay putting him into a home and she is getting worse and worse. She is on the verge of collapse and they are not helping as they should. What can we do to expidite the process?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Some extra info the assets are less than 23,250
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also she has serious health problems herself (pacemaker) and the council have been made aware of her worseing condition multiple times. She has been to A and E she has doctors evidence and the council are aware of her health situation
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIs there an allocated Social Worker and have you found a suitable home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes he has been to Jubilee Court in Hucknall Nottinghamshire before for respite care and was perfect home for him.
She thinks she does a lady at St Francis Day Hospital or possibly someone at Ashfield District Council
Has anyone else in the family spoken to social services?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that i am aware of. She asks me to do all of this for her.
The starting point is to check that there is a room available at the home and then call the vulnerable adults section of your local Social Care and ask them to do an urgent assessment based on the needs of the motherSay that you intend to take her away for respite and that they will need to arrange accommodation for the fatherDo NOT accept any brushoffs!Make it plain that you will be taking her away NO MATTER WHAT and that he will NOT be able to return homePlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you