How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am an Indian national with permanent resident card in

Customer Question

I am an Indian national with permanent resident card in UK. Two years ago, I got a b1/2 US VISA valid for 10 years. After that, I got convicted of AC10/20 for a car park accident ( 250 fine, 5 points on license). I have 2 questions on how this might affect my US travel
1. Can I still travel to US using my visa and/or should I declare my conviction before travel or at the point of entry?
2. I am planning to apply for British passport next year in which case my US visa on my Indian passport will invalidate. Can I go through ESTA route if/when I get my British passport or should I apply for US visa because of my conviction. I have confusing guidance one suggesting ESTA route given my offence is not 'moral turpitude' and another from US embassy in UK where visa is advised for all travellers with convictions.
Please advise as I am worried about issues with working for US HQ companies in UK. Also, generally how much of an issue will my conviction have on my job offers ( I am a general manager in technology) and foreign travels?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.1. Yes you can2. The offence is not of one which is moral turpitude, so you can go via ESTA.Although technically you need to declare all convictions, the US are concerned about ones with moral turpitude. There is no data sharing of convictions so if you didnt declare this very minor conviction the US wouldnt know unless you told them.I would not declare it, as it is so minor, this should give you trouble free travel.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: