How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6464
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I would like to seek some advice on Deffermation of Character

This answer was rated:

I would like to seek some advice on Deffermation of Character / Harassment. My daughter is Chair of a Junior School PFA, and she was accused by the Headmaster through a whistle blower that she and her husband who is the Treasurer were exchanging cheques when she had no signatory powers. In addition he forbade her to have any meetings with the committee members, which is something that he could not do. In addition he has requested an extra ordinary meeting of the PTA with a Governor present to decide if they were fraudulent, and decide if they should bring in the Police. The PTFA Legal Helpline strongly believe that the Headmaster is causing Harassment by his action, and also that there is no crime for "bad accounting". He also employed a member of her business without first consulting with her first, and in effect is trying to destroy her business and reputation in the village where we live. We have had two days to prepare for the meeting, and I am seeking some wording which can be put in a Statement that will be presented at the meeting tonight. The reason behind this, is that he wants to use the PTFA funds for building projects, and that is something that the school should pay for, not the PTFA.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am very happy to help you today. Can I please check that this is a UK law question as the information I have suggests you may be based in the USA?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No this is UK. and we live in the UK
Great, I'm a UK solicitor. There appear to be a lot of issues here. Can you tell me what the meeting is that you are attending that you would like to prepare a statement for?
Jenny and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you