How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

My daughter is in dispute with Admiral car insurance as they

This answer was rated:

My daughter is in dispute with Admiral car insurance as they have asked her to pay an extra £270 for last years insurance.She has renewed with them this year but they claim she did not inform them of an incident from the previous year (there was no claim from her she just rang to say someone had run in the back of her).However the incident is on this years documents and she says she did ring and tell them.They claim to have no record so it is her word against theirs.Originally they asked for £470 but have now said they were wrong on two other discrepancies.They are also saying they will take the money without our consent from the account.We are not sure what our rights are and what to do next.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. So is the £270 an additional premium on the basis that 'they say' that the premium would have been higher if she has disclosed a key fact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct, but it is from the previous year which has been and gone,if amy ,my daughter was trying to lie then common sense says if she did not need to give those details the previous year than why would she give them this year.I remember her ringing but this is not much use.She has tried to resolve the issue with several phone calls but it no progress.To be honest we can lend her the money but it seems unfair.They have made the mistake not us.
ok thanks, ***** ***** suggest you call to ask for their written complaints procedure and write a formal complaint saying that you believe that your daughter had disclosed the information and any error in premium is theirs not hers. You should state that if they do not waive the fee you will take a complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman (who deals with insurance issues). You can find details at You should note that it is imperative that you follow the complaints procedure fully before going to the ombudsman. hopefully raising a formal complaint of this nature will lead them to reconsider.If you have any further questions please do ask. If i have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We will follow this advice.Do they have the right to take money from our account if we are making a complaint?
No they should not take payment without consent. If they do I would notify the bank that it is a disputed debit transaction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question.Will she still be covered on her existing policy if we are in dispute with them?
Yes they would have to give notice of cancellation prior to removing any insurance.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you