How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need to process my divorce I've been separated

This answer was rated:

I need to process my divorce I've been separated for 13years and he is in Zimbabwe and I am in UK but we got married in UK in 1980. How do I go about it?
Hi, thank you for your question. Was the divorce application issued in Zimbabwe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it was but I ended up retrieving my marriage certificate 3years ago because he was not responding.
Thanks. You will need to apply to the Zimbabwean court to withdraw the divorce application and once that has been done you can issue a divorce application in England. You cannot have two live divorce applications in different jurisdictions. Otherwise, it may be easier to continue with the Zimbabwean divorce given that they have already issued the application and continue the proceedings there given that he is living in that jurisdiction.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you