How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Bought a van on ebay from a classified ad by trader, agreed

This answer was rated:

Hi, bought a van on ebay from a classified ad by trader, agreed price of £2,900 with free delivery based on millage of 167000 on the clock and all else being good. Being a trader I took him on his word as he said if there was anything wrong with it he would not waste his time bringing it, so I agreed a bank transfer of £1000. When van arrived it was making a noise, driver said it was maybe a loose plate rattling then I checked the speedo and read over 194000 when I rang the trader he said, I said take it back and he wanted to charge me his delivery expenses, I said that was unfair as it was his mistake, he then said he would take off £300 and I reluctantly agreed, I then said how much are you going to charge me expenses and he said £1000 so I agreed to give him the other £1600. that was on monday 11th of april and now I find that the noise was the clutch breaking down and Ive had a quote for £650 how do I stand. Regards Phil
Hello Phil my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
payment for clutch
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the clutch price within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you