How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

An insurance company has informed me that their engineer has

This answer was rated:

An insurance company has informed me that their engineer has assessed my vehicle which was damaged in an accident caused by a third party as a class B write off even though he has only received photographs of its external appearance and has not seen it or examined it on a garage ramp. Am I entitled to have it repaired at my expense and obtain an MOT to prove that it can be repaired and is roadworthy?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Sadly not. What you can do is buy back the car from the insurance company then get the work done.Its up to the insurance company whether or not they write off the car.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you