How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Apparently I need a Certificate of Domicile in the UK

This answer was rated:

Apparently I need a Certificate of Domicile in the UK for my forthcoming marriage to a Zanzibari national in Zanzibar. EHere do I start? THank you, Sue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also a certificate of no impediment, what's that and how do I get one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, thank you for your question.In relation to a certificate of domicile, you can obtain this from HMRC here: However, the UK does not issue certificate of no impediment for marriages in Commonwealth countries, and as Tanzania is a commonwealth country you will not need this and you need to inform the Tanzanian authority's of this. You may also find this step by step guide helpful which reaffirms this information: If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you