How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am the sole owner of a property but have moved out & rent

Customer Question

I am the sole owner of a property but have moved out & rent somewhere else, my ex lives in the house (& has 40% equity stake thorough declaration of trust) which is currently going through sale (contract exchange is due). Although myself & ex have agreed to the sale, she has now decided that she wants to stay put & not offer vacant possession. I am due to issue court order for enforcement of sale this week - so very messy!
My ex runs a business from the house (piano lessons) this is against terms of lease - I wish to close this business down straight away as it is causing all kinds of complication with the sale - what is the most rapid & sure-fire way of me closing the business - is it some form of emergency court injunction? & how can it be enforced.
Adam Yates
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your question - I believe I am dealing with this on another thread