How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have ended a relationship about two years ago. He left his

This answer was rated:

I have ended a relationship about two years ago. He left his boat in my front garden. It has been there for two years
I asked him to move it but he said he want all the money he spent on me which he kept receipts and envoice. He said he will take me to court. We lived together for three years and the agreement was that he did not contribute to any bills or rent or food. He insisted to put the money on things for the house. He and his daughter lived in my house. We have no children and he never officially moved in he kept his mother's address
. He insisted on doing it this way. He said he bought things because he loved me. Do I need to worry?. He is threatening and intimidating me.
Thank you
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:- Are you in England or Wales?- Are/were you married?- Were there any formal written agreements regarding the arrangements?- Do you own your home? If so is it in your sole name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I m in England. We were not married. I own my home only on my name. There was no written agreements for anything.
Thank you
Thank you for confirming. In the circumstances, he would not be able to successfully claim against you unless he can demonstrate to the court that there was an intention or agreement that he would be reimbursed for the money he had spent on you. In relation to his boat, you should give him reasonable notice to remove it in writing and inform him that if it is not removed by a certain date that you will take steps to remove and dispose of it as he does not have a right to keep it on your property. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was very helpful thank you very much
Thank you, ***** ***** goes well - if you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris