How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good morning. I am a British citizen got married to Sri

This answer was rated:

Hi good morning. I am a British citizen got married to Sri Lankan girl on the 8th October 2014. She was granted visa in the same year December yet she arrived in the uk 9th September 2015 to living together with. This was an arranged marriage and I spend the most of the spending for the wedding. Now I realised after living together with her for 6 months that her motive was to use me to come to uk. She called police once saying I tried to hit her. She ran away to the next door to try to construct a story to the police.
I would like to end this marriage now and want her to go back to Sri Lanka. But she's refusing to do so. She said to the police that I'm trying to take to back to Sri Lanka by force when I was buying the airline tickets.
Could you please advise me the best ways to send her back to Sri Lanka where she's from and where we got married and my rights how to end this marriage without getting into trouble.
Thank you very much
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youIt is a mixture of good and bad news I am afraid.You can issue divorce proceedings based on her Unreasonable Behaviour so that the marriage can be brought to an endYou can notify the Immigration Agency that the marriage is at an end - and that the spouse Visa is no longer required.It will then be up to them to decide whether or not to deport her.I am afraid that you cannot send her back yourselfPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Claire. Do I have to wait until I start the divorce proceedings to inform home office about her that I am no longer responsible for her. Or can I do it at anytime.
If she go out of the country and if I let the home office know that I am no longer with her can she still enter uk on her own accord. Her visa is issued under my name.Really appreciate ur help.
You can notify them at any time - but the actual Visa can only be revoked by the actual Agency
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you