How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a 17 year lease left on a pub in the south of England

This answer was rated:

I have a 17 year lease left on a pub in the south of England . I have been in arrears with my rent and a Court order was issued that the arrears plus costs to be paid by tomorrow. The Freeholder has added another £4.390 of Mesne Profits . The Court order did not include this . Can pay the original arrears but not the Mesne amount. Can the Freeholder still go for possession and how long have I got ? Shall I pay the arrears as per court order and ask for time to pay the rest. Deadline is 4pm tomorrow. Thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Would you technically owe mense profits?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes but it was not stipulated in the court order
Ok - then you dont need to pay that to stop the eviction.You ONLY need to pay what is in the Court order - NOTHING MORE.You owe it, but it does not form part of the Court order and therefore can NOT be included for the purposes of possession.So the answer is no. The freeholder can NOT go for possession if you have not paid mesne profits.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?ALex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you