How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Sirs, I have a small company and the company i was working

This answer was rated:

Hello sirs,
I have a small company and the company i was working for owes me money for two months. I negotiate with them for over a month and we had a written agreement which they didn't fulfill. They made me new offer and i said no. I contact a solicitor and send them a statutory demand letter, but no response from them at all. The full amount is £28135, i agreed for £25000, they tryed to squeeze me for £20000.
So my question is : what are my options , because the demand letter has expired and because of the situation i am running out of money and can not afford a lawyer a- money claim online, bankruptcy or liquidation.
Best regards
Tihomir Dimov
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you telling me that the bankruptcy and liquidation is not an option for me. I check in web that they are the fastest and cheapest way . They were beyond arrogant to me , so i dont care if i took the worse way to take my payments.
It can be. But its easier to do it once you get Judgment. You see if you issue a statutory demand or bankruptcy they can apply to set it aside.By this time you have already paid huge Court fees and the Official Receivers deposit.Its just far better to get a County Court Judgment then ONCE you get this you can send in high court bailiffs or make bankrupt.Its far easier to bankrupt on the back of a CCJ.Can I clarify anything for you about this?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excuse my English :)
I already send them demand letter and they didn't replyed at all . I believe they think i will gave up . I am willing to pay court fees if u have to . Just dont know what ones . If i am not wrong you said money claim online , right ? I have to try ,even if i need to go and defend my self by the time i need barrister .
Thanks for answering
Correct. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Good luck! Alex
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you