How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Registering the boundaryFollowing a boundary dispute a

This answer was rated:

Registering the boundary Following a boundary dispute a GPS survey was arranged by me . We have agreed to a boundary midway between the 2 surveys . I don't wish to spend too much on this issue but the neighbour is planning to develop his land and build houses and is keen to have a solicitors agreement. I have confirmed in writing that both the parties have agreed to the position of the boundary which is represented by the new fence . How do I register the boundary with land registry. Do I need a solicitor for this or can this be done by me. (I am used to filling up forms.)

Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Provided there doesn't need to be an exchange of land between the 2 of you, you can agree to enter into a Boundary Agreement, and which Agreement is then lodged at the Land Registry, once signed by both parties.It doesn't have to be that long winded- something like the following-“Boundary AgreementThis agreement is made on 15th July 2014 between ***** ***** of*****title to which is registered under title number XX12345 and ***** ***** of*****title to which is registered under title number XX67891.The parties agree that the legal boundary between the land within their respective registered titles and running from the point marked ‘A’ to the point marked ‘B’ on the plan attached is as shown by the red line drawn between those points.Signed[Witness (Signature, name and address)]Signed[Witness (Signature, name and address)]” I would always recommend that you use a Solicitor as he will be familiar with Land Registry procedures. If you wish to do it yourself, the Land Registry will not accept an application by a private individual unless their Identity has been verified. This entails you providing the Land Registry with your id (by personal appearance or the completion of an ID1 Form-which you will need a local Solicitor to complete, confirming that they have verified your id).I hope this assists you and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You. Excellent

You're welcome.Good luck!Al