How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

In Swedish Law, I keep what is mine and my step children inherite

Customer Question

In Swedish Law, I keep what is mine and my step children inherite everything. Is it legal for me to sign Small Estates Declaration& Indemnity for Shares in my husbands name and transfer from my bank account or should this be dealt with by the step children?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for contacting
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Sweden, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if I can proceed with selling the Shares and transfer funds to Sweden. This must come under UK Law and I would like confirmation that it is legal for me to do it.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** i am sorry for your lossI shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstWhere did your husband die?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband was a Swedish citizen and died in Sweden. A Swedish lawyer has registered that I have taken the choice to keep what is mine and the stepchildren inherite. Therefore I am not a benificiary. I am a UK citizen living in UK. My husband has shares in UK which are included in the estate.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In that case it is for your step children to deal with since they are the beneficiariesI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details