Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only

I have recently left my employment after a take-over. With

I have recently left my employment after a take-over. With the previous owners, I had use of a lease car, however this was very unofficial- there was no written agreement regarding anything (mileage, liability for damage, length of lease etc..). On returning the car to the premises when I left the company, they subsequently deducted 100 pounds from my final pay for damage to the car. I was unaware of any damage, nobody checked the vehicle when I returned, and as stated above, I have never signed a lease or hire agreement.
Where do I stand?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is there anything in your employment contract which states they can make deductions for this reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, as it was a very informal agreement with the previous owners
In that case this amounts to an unlawful deduction from salary. You should write to them and say if it is not refunded you will claim it back through the employment tribunal. Hopefully they will then refund it for you. If they do not you can start ACAS early conciliation and then raise a claim. If you have any further questiosn please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Hello Tom is there anything further you would like to know?