How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My 76 year old mother is applying UK passport. However

This answer was rated:

my 76 year old mother is applying for first UK passport.
However her birth name is ***** ***** her birth certificate and she used her mothers married name in 1959 when she got married which was different to birth name.
So we have no way of showing change of original name that they ask for.
Only the marriage certificate to her current name when she remarried in 1985.
what can we do
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you The easiest option is to create a Change of Name Deed that "fills the gap"There is a template here ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,
Ive looked at the Deed, on the deed it then shows the date you want to change it from but not till.
Shall i change the name on the day she got married or shall i change it to a previous date when she was known by that name or does it not matter.
Also shows her current address which looks a bit odd when the deed date change is 50 years ago will this matter
Many thanks
Simply amend it to show her old address.You are simply showing a progression of name changes - so long as the deed precedes the wedding all is well
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you