How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Need help applying urgent injunction. I have forms

Customer Question

Need help applying for an urgent injunction. I have forms N1 and N16a
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Could you explain your situation a little more please and what exactly is the help that you need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am applying for an urgent injunction to prevent eviction without a court order. I have had a letter saying the landlord can change the locks and my tenancy is invalid. I have already had my Assured Shorthold Tenancy confirmed as being valid by a Solicitor. I've done a statement to go with form N16a but am struggling a bit with filling the forms in.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Has the landlord served a section 8 or section 21 notice?On what basis is the landlord saying that the tenancy is invalid? Was it not the landlord that issued it?It would be helpful if you could explain the background in detail please.