How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Can social services stop me taking my child on holiday she

Customer Question

can social services stop me taking my child on holiday
she has a care order ( still to live with me as not been changed ) but now is in a childrens home .
I want to go on holiday in 3 weeks time and now after 4 month after tellind social services they are trying to stop me taking her.
can they block her passport and prevent her leaving the country.
I have pr over her since dec 2014.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As there is a care order in place the local authority share parental responsibility with you and you will need their consent to travel abroad, so legally they can oppose this and if they do not agree you will need to apply to court for a decision. This can be done as a specific issue order application under form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court.Have they outlined why they are refusing to consent to the holiday?