How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am on social security with x2 children since splitting up

Customer Question

I am on social security with x2 children since splitting up from my partner, since leaving him he has paid no maintenance. The year before I left him was quite acrimonious in this time he changed all the businesses that were in his name into his business partners, we also ran a local shop which was sold after I moved out and he is refusing to give me any equity.
How can I get him to pay maintenance (he already has a court order with a previous partner to pay her £400 a month for x1 child) and give me part of the equity from our previous business.
When working a the shop I ever took a wage and claimed family credit, I then discovered that my ex partners sister (book-keeper) stated on the books that I claimed a wage, when questioned she produced wage slips I had never seen, because of this I owed Tax Credits of £3000, I had been told that this was paid off by my partner as was his and his sisters mistake, but, have just received a tax credit bill for £6000. What can I do about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:- Are you/were you married?- What is his gross income?- How often, on average, do the children stay overnight with him each week?- Does he have any other children in his care?- Was the tax credit bill addressed solely to you?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.