How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

My immediate boss has been suspended over 12 weeks

This answer was rated:

My immediate boss has been suspended for just over 12 weeks now while my manager fobs us off with excuses about whats happening. I don't get on with him (Boss) and it is causing me anxiety about the fear of him coming back and the environment it creates. Not to mention the extra stress I'm experiencing my doing his job without extra help and or support.
I suffer with metal illness (Depression which my employer knows about) and have asked her whats happening and she keeps fobbing me off so now it's got too much i have decided to take some time off sick, am i entitled to full pay as it's because of work I'm off?
Still have no extra staff despite asking for more help and telling my manager i was struggling i feel they have lacked in there duty of care big time.
? Thanks for your time,
Hello my name is ***** ***** i am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 years 7 months
Have you raised a grievance about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No as have not been in a great sense of health to think about it, but have on more than 1 occasion spoke to my manager about this.
Unless your employer provides for full sick pay you will not be entitled to it unfortunately, even though it is the employers fault. You must raise a grievance to say that this is having a detrimental effect on your health and safety and that you believe you are disabled for employment law purposes so they have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to support you in your role. Your employer should take your grievance seriously and take measures to help you. If you do not you may have the right to resign and claim constructive dismissal and / or disability discrimination. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your quick and accurate response
no problem all the best.