How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My belated father left me a pension which I transferred into

This answer was rated:

My belated father left me a pension which I transferred into daughter who is 8 . Do I declare as income ?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about what has actually happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dad left me his pension and I get it for a couple of years I decided to give and sign into my daughter name and it goes into her bank . Do I need to declare it as an earning I think I don't as I gifted it to her but I want to check . Thanks
How much does she receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
314.00 a month .
I take it it is being saved and not spent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it mattered it were spent ?
Yes because then there is no basis on which it would be accepted that this is your daughter's income and not yours.What is the position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean my position ?
Is it being spent or saved for your daughter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we save it
Just to check - there is no tax deducted at source?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no tax is deducted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I paid for were to see if it's classed as an income and there is so many questions hete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't off joined if I knew I were goi g to be asked so many questions .
My apologies - had we been speaking it would have only taken a few minutes - it is one of the problems of this kind of forumThis income does have to be declared.Assuming that you have completed all the paperwork with the Pension Company appointing your daughter as the Beneficiary then you will have to submit a Tax return on her behalf.She gets a full personal allowance so all should be well.If however all you have done is given the Pension Company her Bank Account details then it still counts as your incomePlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you