How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50156
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

If I believe that a bank has acted criminally against myself

This answer was rated:

If I believe that a bank has acted criminally against myself how I am I able to access my data within the bank to prove it?
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What data are you trying to access?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben Jones,
The internal correspondence of the bank that relates to my case where funds were lodged into a bank account of a company controlled by myself which resulted in myself being unjustly reported as a money laundering. the Bank claim that it was a normal transaction while my advisers say that it was a deposit from a Russian Bank in Cyprus. I need to access the internal correspondence to access the cover up. With thanks.
The first way to try and do this would be by making a subject access request. Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 entitles an individual to request from a data controller a copy of any information which amounts to personal data about them. The process is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). If you wish to make a SAR, you need to write to the organisation that holds the data in question. Your letter should include the following information:{C}· Make it clear that you are making a 'subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998';{C}· Provide details of the data you are requesting copies of;{C}· Your main personal details - full name, date of birth and address;{C}· Any information you believe the organisation will require to find your information. The organisation may ask for a fee to fulfil your request, which should not be more than £10. Once you have provided all the relevant information and fee, the organisation must send you a formal response within 40 days. The main remedies open to individuals if they suspect a breach of the above rules are:{C}· A statutory request to the Information Commissioner asking them to determine whether or not it is likely that the SAR has been carried out lawfully.{C}· An application to court alleging breach of the SAR rules and seeking an order for compliance.{C}· A claim for damages against the data controller and, if the individual concerned can show they have suffered damage, a claim for compensation for distress.{C}· You may also complain to the Financial Ombudsman I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you