How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Tried to get the Police to arrest and charged my Step Father

This answer was rated:

Hi, tried to get the Police to arrest and charged my Step Father for abuses when I was a child. The Police said he did not understand the 'Caution' hence no interview and have thrown the case out. Though there is plenty of evidence against him. We all know he had been coached and does not have any mental conditions, he also refused access to his medical files. Could I take him to Civil Court
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help,you.When did this happen please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Between the years of 1968 and1982, it was violence and neglect not sexual. My mothers 2nd Husband, she was as bad as h was but she is dead now. The abuse ranged from having a tooth pulled out by him with a pair of pliers ,beaten until knocked out, starved on a regular basis, having no clothes, no underwear the list is endless.
well it's good and bad news. You can't bring a civil claim for personal injury or negligence because you have 3 years from the time you are 18 to do that. So that is statute barred.The only thing you can do is bring a private prosecution. But you will need a solicitor to draft pleadings and a barrister to represent you in court.You may not get legal aid for this and therefore may have to pay for representation yourself. If you win then a judge can award costs for you.However if you lose then you would be liable for the legal costs of the other sideCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you