How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1439
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

The family court has mixed my name and the husband's name on

This answer was rated:

The family court has mixed my name and the husband's name on the certificate of entitlement for decree nisi. They are refusing to change it. My lawyer says she'll get them to put small print somewhere on the pronouncement in 3 weeks time. First, who can trust them even to get that right. Second, and more importantly, the husband nearly killed me so I won't let the certificate stand. Money is not an obstacle. Please advise best way forward.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. If the court have made an admin error on the order - then they should amend this. I have had numerous orders with errors such as typo's for the parties names and a simple call to the court staff has always rectified this. If the court staff wont assist then you should write a letter for the attention of a District Judge explaining the circumstances and asking them to amend the same. A Judge has the ability to ask for the order to be amended. Let me know if I can assist you further. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you