How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Jenny. I am planning to use the help to buy to buy a house. I am in the process of s

This answer was rated:

Hello Jenny. I am planning to use the help to buy to buy a house. I am in the process of selling my property in my home country. Does a sale contract signed between purchaser and seller with solicitors stamping and signing be enough? What about the land registry? Do we need to register with the registrar as well before the 28 days?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
HiThank you for your questionsMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but am not sure I understand what it is that you wish to knowCould you clarify this for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Clare,Thank you for the response. Actually, we are planning to use help to buy to get a house. I have a house back in my country. I was planning on gifting it away to my aged mother who is living there. So when I was typing this question, I thought I cannot gift it and can only sell it. Now, I came to know that we can gift immovable assets. So, I am executing a gift-deed as we speak.
Please let me know whether this is acceptable according to UK laws for getting the help to buy?Thanks.
Sorry - who do you wish to have help to buy from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a scheme in UK called - helptobuy from the government which helps first time home buyers to buy houses using their help.
Ah I see.I am sorry but the scheme will not cover you if you have ever owned a property anywhere in the World - it will not matter how you have disposed of it - you will not be eligible.The Certificate you would have to sign is here am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare,This is the update I have from the website: You must not own any other property at the time you buy your new home with a Help to Buy: Equity Loan. - See more at: - when I spoke to the help to buy advisor, they mentioned that I should dispose off any property I have before signing the contract.
Now I am confused.Thanks.
My apologies - you are looking at a new build house?
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare - Yes. I think I will go ahead and close this question, since I got my answer from my solicitors. Thank you for jumping on this and trying to help me out.Thanks.
You are welcome - and i hope the purchase goes well