How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71134
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Do not know if you can help i have a problem with the local

This answer was rated:

hi do not know if you can help i have a problem with the local council i own a couple of taxis and i recently applied for a new plate but before i can apply for the plate i have to buy the car and then apply for the plate which means i have a car costing around 8,500 pounds which i now cannot get plated because the council have decided to limit the number of taxis this year but i applied for the plate last october and at that time they had not as yet put any resticions on the number of plates can i apply for compensation for the car as i had to buy it because thats their condion before you can apply as i already have 3 plates i saw no reason for the refusal so i bought it in good faith
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I claim for the cost of the car from the council
Not on this basis I'm afraid. I understand your complaint and I see that you have been put to cost but that doesn't give rise to a claim. There was never any guarantee the Clinton would grant this request and therefore that was the risk you took at your choice I'm afraid. The council are not in breach of contract and have not been negligent. I'm afraid there is no claim. Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you