How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1370
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Assuming divorce is contemplated is it legal

Customer Question

Assuming divorce is contemplated is it legal for the solicitor to with hold my share without giving me any explanation. Is it legal at all for my husband to overturn the agreement just like that.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am sorry to say - but yes. Until an order is agreed either by consent or by the court - it is often the position that sale proceeds are not divided. If this is the position then I advise you to refer your case to family mediation so that you can reach an agreement with your husband and then get it approved by the court. There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you. Just google family mediation in your area and give them a call to get the ball rolling. Kind Regards Caroline Please kindly remember to star my service so that we receive credit for helping you today