How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

What can i do about a council tenant who's dogs keep coming

This answer was rated:

what can i do about a council tenant who's dogs keep coming through her fence a killing my chickens and ducks. i have informed the council on each time it has happened but they have done nothing to prevent it.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know how many times this has happened and do you know why the Council has taken no action?ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi alex
I dont know the reason the council hasn't fixed the fence when i've asked they tell me its an issue between them and there tenant. so far it has happened 6 times with the dogs killing on 4 times and i have caught them twice and returned the dogs before they attacked. i have tried to get this sorted before the dogs attack me or any member of my family.
Sorry for the delay. Ok, you need to write to the Chief Officer of the Council and set out your complaint. They have a duty to investigate and take action. The Council will then investigate this for you as as a formal complaint.If they do not do anything then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint for free at: they will not do this unless you have written to the Chief Officer and they have given you a final response.If that does not work you could seek an injunction from the Court that the dog be kept under control. You could need to complete forms N1: N16a: Court would set the matter down and decide whether to make an order. If the Court does and this is breach, this may be contempt of Court, which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.There is a cost to this which is why you may consider the Chief Officer and Ombudsman first.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you