How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We are a social club and held a charity firework display with

Customer Question

We are a social club and held a charity firework display with music etc for the benefit of the poppy appeal and Redruth Xmas lights. We have now been served a writ by the PRS in breach of copyright law.
We understood that charity events were exempt from this.
Where do we stand legally on this because we do not want to get involved with courts etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Charity events are not exempt from the requirement for a PRS licence for public performances of copyright music. You will need to pay up and then obtain a licence for future years. Here is the link you need: