How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We are uk citizens currently residing in crete we lent money

This answer was rated:

We are uk citizens currently residing in crete we lent money to another uk citizen in sterling and have been waiting 3 years for payment. Only 1000 pounds in sterling . Was a commercial debt . Can we enforce in uk?
Thank you for your question. If the person you lent the money to is in the UK then you can sue in the UK courts. If the person also lives in Crete then you can't and the courts in Crete would have jurisdiction. The only exception would be if you have a written contract which expressly states that the UK courts would have jurisdiction. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very precise