How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12076
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My brother and I are executor's father's will. Do we

Customer Question

My brother and I are executor's for my father's will. Do we need a joint bank account for the proceeds of the sell of my father's house ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You don't need a joint bank account. The solicitor acting in the sale will pay the money into his client account and distribute the funds to the beneficiaries in accordance with the will, along with any other funds due to the estate, and after payment of debts and other outlays of probate. Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have done probate ourselves so do I just need to take Will into solicitor's office for this to happen? Or if I write saying I am happy for money to be paid into my brothers bank account, then he will forward to me.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The solicitor would need an instruction from both of you as to where the money was to be sent. It could be either of your accounts as long as there is a clear written instruction.