How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Iv been asked by social services to take care of my grandaughter

This answer was rated:

iv been asked by social services to take care of my grandaughter when she is born but they are dragging there feet at assessing me .i already have full pr over my 3 year old grandaughter .now they are saying the baby will have to go in care until the assessments are done
Hi, thank you for your question. When will your granddaughter be born and at what stage is the local authority's involvement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is due on 3/5/2016 my daughter has lost all 5 of her children so social services have been involved from the beginning
Thank you. The local authority will still have to assess a placement with you, and alternative options - they will be in a position to look at pursuing care proceedings to ensure that the relevant legal issues are dealt with and that your new granddaughter's needs are met - they will not be able to place her in care without either the mother's agreement or a court order.Of course if you are a viable option and care proceedings are issued, and the local authority are not pursuing this, you can apply to court to be joined as a party to the proceedings to pursue placement with you.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you