How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71147
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son had a crash and did a driver awareness course 2 years

This answer was rated:

My son had a crash and did a driver awareness course 2 years ago. Now he has been done for speeding. Can he be offered a speed awareness course or can you only do 1 course no matter the subject.
Hi. What was the driver awareness course caused by? Was it speeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he had a bump on a humpback bridge over a canal. It was narrow. He should have given way I think.
It is possible that a second course could be offered within the three year bracket for a dissimilar offence. It isn’t commonly done. It really depends whether they notice the previous course or not. It is the type of thing that policy probably wouldn’t allow but he might get away with. They focus more upon the number of points a driver has and whether or not they have done a similar course in the last three years. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I guess he'll have to wait and see which letter/ instructions he receives and proceed accordingly.
No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you