How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a 61 year old male school crossing warden, and have had

This answer was rated:

I am a 61 year old male school crossing warden, and have had an allegation made against me by an 11 year old girl that i pushed her in the face and called her fatty she has another 11 year old girl who is backing up her story, i have an adult witness that was standing at my crossing when these girls where crossing of which i have passed on to the police who are going to take me to court, i did not hear about this reported allegation until three days after it was supposed to happen and a further nine days before the police rang me to question me over the phone regarding an allegation of putting my hand near the girls face and calling her fatty as of yet the police have failed to contact my witness, and advised me this is a very serious matter if i am found guilty in court, would it not be better to quit the job and walk away as they think the parents will drop the case
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please tell me whether you know your witness or whether they are independent please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know the witness as he stands and chats at my crossing most days
Ok - if you didnt do anything wrong then I would certainly plead not guilty. But unless you have been charged I would not worry about it at this point.The Police should still be investigating all lines of enquiry which should include your witness. I would also hope that if necessary this witness could attend Court for you to say nothing happened.In short, if the Police bring a claim they have to prove it so that the Court is sure. You do not have to disprove anything, so the burden is on the Police.But if they investigate properly then it may not even get that far.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so i do not need a lawyer at the moment, apparently these two girls are having a video statement taken over this coming weekend, can i ring the police to ask if they have contacted my witness or am i best of waiting to here of them
No not at the moment. I would wait until the Police contact you.Nothing may come of it and if the Police are considering taking it further you can then ask them to contact the witness.Does that clarify?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes thank you for your help, as i have done nothing wrong i know i shouldn't have anything to worry about but i have been suspended from work while its under investigation and its really quite worrying that an allegation like this can go this far
Yes I can understand, but if you have done nothing wrong, then the allegation wont go anywhere.Some people are just mean and these girls are very young.Good luck with this and if I can help further please let me know. Alex