How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I would like to know who is the best person to complete the

This answer was rated:

I would like to know who is the best person to complete the form on my behalf to remove a historical newspaper article about me from 2003. I want to argue that it is not in the public interest and that it is seriously damaging my mental health and ability to stay in one place and obtain employment because of the fear of being googled. Should i approach a lawyer or a doctor or some other professional in order to stand the best chance? Thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Is it published online or in paper please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it is a link to a newspaper article when my name is searched
Is it true?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the link
Yes, the conviction is a fact but the case is complicated because i was accused of more then offered a lesser charge to admit to and not go to trial which i accepted because i was told i would stand little chance at a trial
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The article refers to my appeal against my dismissal from my teaching post back in 2002
This article aside for one second, wont the DBS check me more of an issue for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all. The DBS check is not an issue because the conviction does not show under a basic check - i work now with a clear DBS check at basic level. This search result is devastating to me, friends, colleagues etc They do not carry out DBS checks but they search people, i am going paranoid, each time i do not hear from some one i wonder if they googled me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no normal relationships or honest relationships and its 13 years ago and clearly an out of character issue - maybe my probation officer from the time would vouch for this, even they could see i was set up by a school kid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attempted to emigrate but even there they found out
Ok - then yes you should get a Solicitor to write and ask that it be removed. They can of course refuse and sadly then you would need a Court order to get it removed.But just because its removed from there it still could be archived and cached on thousands of servers. Also there are sites that capture historical web pages, meaning even if they are deleted you can go back to say 2014 and see what pages and content were available then.So yes, get a Solicitor to write, but I am just letting you know it may not entirely remove it.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the google form i need to submit but i want to do it right first time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So who can do it? can i do it through you here?
Sadly I can't be instructed as this is a question and answer site.But a High Street Solicitor can help you.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if it is removed although it may be still traceable as you say, a simple search would not show it correct?
It may be on other websites which means its removed from the Newspaper one, but not necessarily from others.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do not think a medical person would be better placed to help?
Not necessarily, because its a legal issue rather than medical one. Does that clarify?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you