How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My deed state that no neighbor can block my entry/exit to my

This answer was rated:

My deed state that no neighbor can block my entry/exit to my garage. What can I do if a new neighbor refuses to move, what can I do legally.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do you know WHY he is refusing to allow access please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His vehicle is uninsured, no MOT or road tax. He is a European who has bought the property and does not understand driveway/garage regulations. He does not park in front of his garage due to building an attic and the supplies are in his garage for workmen to complete building work. He has rudely told me to park outside when he needs to do this himself.
Ok - you need to get a Solicitor to write and ask him to STOP doing this (or you can do this yourself) or say you will go to Court.If he refuses then you can issue proceedings for him to stop. You would need to complete forms N1: N16a: court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order stopping him parking there. If the Court does and he refuses this could be contempt of Court which he could be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I have is his first name and mobile no, the property is empty except the workmen. He is now refusing to answer his mobile no. Can I physically move his car or block his garage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, are you busy?
Sorry for the delay. If you can move it without damaging then yes.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just texted him stating that as he has refused to move the car, I will be taking him to court via my solicitors.I have started to complete the forms you have sent me. I will look into whether his car can be moved without damaging so that I can park my car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to act for me , what are your charges?
Sadly I am not allowed, its against site rules to be instructed.Can I help with anything else today?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will speak to someone tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Can I come back to you later if I need to. Goodnight.
Of course. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I take out an insurance for my legal costs so far, is this covered in home insurance?
Yes you can try that insurance. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.