How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am in the process of buying an inflatable leisure dinghy.

This answer was rated:

I am in the process of buying an inflatable leisure dinghy. As a keen angler my question is, providing I have legal access for launch and fishing rights are not claimed by anyone, will it be OK for me to paddle up and down the river/canal fishing as I go?
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you are wishing to fish in public canal you a) need the permission of the council (or authority that maintains) - so check if they have a no fishing policy b) to fish anywhere in the UK you need a licence, without a licence you could be subject to a fine -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am fully aware of seeking permission and rod licence requirements. My question was specific to fishing from a legally launched boat in rivers/canals which don't have declared fishing rights holders, eg, "Fishing Rights Held by the XXXX Angling Club" or such.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Its nothing to do with a rod licence.Someone owns the river bed. As such if you are on the river then you need to get permission from whoever owns the river bed in that section.Whilst the water flows over the bed you still need permission from the river bed owner for that section.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you