How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I sold indecent content of myself to an adult website

This answer was rated:

Hello, I sold indecent content of myself to an adult website about 18 months ago. I signed a contract handing over the rights to the images and videos to the owner of the site who I have only contacted through email, he is based in Canada. Just recently, my career has started to begin and I would like this site down. He sold some of the content to other sites and he has said that if I buy back the rights to the content for £5000 he will contact the other sites and try to get them to take down the content as I would then own the rights. I am seeking legal advice on what to do, I am worried this could be a scam as the site has been up for over a year and has only just been discovered by the people of my hometown and he has requested money. I have a copy of the contract as well as the most recent emails. Thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.I understand your position. Has he given you a list of sites sold to?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, he has not given me a list of sites but a Google search of my 'model' name shows most sites the content has been sold to. He has said that he will write up and sign a contract to promise to destroy the content and take the content off the website. However, I'm not sure if this is advisable.
Yes Google would. You need to ask him for a list of the sites and evidence from those sites that they have removed it.What I would do is agree to it but say you will put the funds in Escrow. That is an independent service that can hold the money until you are sure they have been removed.That way, he can see the money and you are sure they are down.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay do you think I should pay to have a contract written up by a lawyer or solicitor so it is written on my own terms? Or should I agree to him using his own contract that he has written up? Thank you, Charlotte
I would get this and make sure that any dispute is governed by the law of England and Wales.Does that clarify Charlotte?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay that is fine. Would I need to have a solicitor have a look at this to see if it is totally governed by the law of England and Wales? Also, after the content is signed over to me, if I do choose to buy it back, what do I do if the content is used later on? Is it a case of suing? thank you
I would get a Solicitor to draft for you.You would sue if the content is used later.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I think this is clear, thank you for your help.
Happy to help. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance. Alex
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you